With the pressures of meeting deadlines, office politics and wanting to do your best, workplace stress is normal and ultimately inevitable. However, stress does not have to run your life – at work or at home. By incorporating small steps to improve your well-being you can ease tension and stress. Most of the time, it’s our outlook on a situation or decision made that affects our stress levels. Remember that even during the most stressful situations, a positive outlook can help you stay focused on your overall goals and the bigger picture.
Ease workplace stress with these helpful tips:
- Don’t leave home without eating (or bringing to work) a healthy breakfast.
- Pack energizing snacks like yogurt, fruit, granola, veggies and dip, peanut butter and whole-grain crackers.
- Identify stress triggers and know how to counteract before getting upset or angry. Practice deep breathing, getting some fresh air, go on a short walk, or take a coffee break to reset your focus.
- Focus on solving problems rather than getting mired in negativity and complaints. Idea: Create a no negativity zone around your desk!
- Limit caffeine, which can make you edgy and nervous if you have too much. Substitute coffee for infused water, unsweet tea, or hot tea.
- Close your eyes, breathe deeply and imagine a scene that makes you feel good and takes you back to a special memory.
- Accept that changes in the workplace are normal, not threatening.
- Take a break! Stretch, go for a walk, or read a book to help you relax.
- Ease tension with 30 minutes of daily exercise before or after work. Keep in mind that short, brisk walks throughout your work day count as part of the 30 minutes!
- Clear your work area each day and prepare for the next day.
For more tips on how to improve your outlook, connect with us on Facebook: CREATION Health Employees or text FHSYSTEM to 412412. Message and Data rates may apply.