Run For the Trees 5K- presented by Track Shack
Date & Time
Saturday, April 28, 2018
7:30 am 5k (3.1 miles)
8:45 am: Kids Run
9:00 am: Awards Presentation @ Showalter Field
Location & Transportation
2525 Cady Way
Winter Park, FL 32792
There is no spectator area at the finish line, runners will be shuttled by bus back to Showalter Field.
About this Event
Run for the Trees 5k run/walk is a unique point to point event. The last mile is on the tree-canopied, wilderness dirt road of Genius Drive. This privately owned glimpse of old Florida is opened to the public only once a year, for this event. All finishers receive a young tree! Event capacity is set at 1,800.
Restrictions- Safety is our first priority!
For safety reasons, bicycles, rollers skates, in-line skates, and dogs will be prohibited from the race course. The use of headphones is discouraged.
Walker Friendly Events
Keeping Central Florida Fit is our mission. Walkers are encouraged to participate in all Track Shack races. Municipalities require that road ways are clear of participants and opened as soon as the race is complete. That is why a maximum pace of 16 minutes per mile is set. If the pace isn't maintained, race officials will ask you to move to the sidewalk to re-open the roadways.
• Stroller/jogger operators start behind designated stroller signage.
• Stroller/jogger operators may walk/jog no faster than 15 minute per mile, a safe operating speed. If your speed goes faster than 15 minutes per mile pace, you may be disqualified.
• Stroller/jogger operators must yield the right of way to runners. Stroller/Joggers can tip easily and cannot turn quickly. Please do not weave through packs of runners.
Mission 5K Training Locations
Mondays and Wednesdays
- Cranes Roost, Altamonte
- 274 E Central Pkwy, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Downtown Winter Garden
- 310 N. Dillard Street, Winter Garden, 34787
- Lake Toho, Kissimmee
- 201 Lake View Drive, Kissimmee, FL 34741
- Lake Eola, Orlando
- 512 East Washington Street, Orlando, FL 32801
Stay in the know on the go by texting FHMISSION5K to 412412 for text updates - standard messaging rates apply.
Note: To earn your 15 points you must participate in a minimum of 5 out of the 9 training sessions. Your 15 points will automatically be reported and added towards your incentive upon completing these training sessions before the Incentive Deadline.