You've joined Walk the Talk, bought a fitness tracker....now what? How are you going to meet your goal of 10,000 steps per day? A goal of 10,000 steps per day will help reduce your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure and more. And while that number may be easy to hit on gym days, it can be difficult on others.
Follow these tips and tricks and you'll be well on your way!
- Walk to Work. If that's not possible, you've heard it before, but park farther away to boost your step count. While you're at work, take every opportunity to get up and get active.
- Take the Stairs. After a long day at work, this might even help you get out of the buidling faster. (smile) People often underestimate the power of a good climb.
- Take a Break. If you're non-clinical, don't just sit at your desk all day, it's not a good recipe for health. Take a break during the day to get up, stretch, take a lap around the building and enjoy the great outdoors. It may only be for a few minutes, but the benefits are huge.
- Break it Up. 10,000 steps at first glance can be quite daunting, so break it up throughout the day. Aim to get in 2,000 steps before work, another 2,000 before lunch, and so forth. Before you know it, you'll be at 10,000 steps before dinner.
- Reminder Yourself Why. We all have them – days when we'd rather do anything but move around. When those days appear, remind yourself why you choose to be "CREATION HEALTHY". Whether it's connecting to a bigger purpose, living to see your grandchildren, or walking your daughter down the aisle... find the motivation you need to make it happen.
Share your "WHY" on the CREATION Health Facebook Page with #IamCREATIONHealthy
For more health and wellness tips, connect with us on Facebook: CREATION Health Employees or text FHSYSTEM to 412412. For the latest on Walk the Talk, text FHWALKTHETALK to 412412. Message and Data rates may apply.